Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Welcome!!!

So months ago I said to Maryann, my loving and very supportive wife, "I should start a blog and write about my journeys and stumbles with my change to being gluten free."  I think I said this to her back in December after only having been GF for three months.  This is going to be a chronology of my life since I chose to eat and live gluten free.  I am still getting a hang of running my own blog, so be patient.

In this blog, I will talk about places my wife and I go to eat, foods I like and don't like, and my daily struggles with this change to my daily existence.  In regards to food, I will give you an honest review of those items from my unique point of view.  I'm not looking for a substitute that I can tolerate.  The more it tastes like, smells like, and feels like the food it replaces, the better it is for me and the more I will enjoy eating it.  I will also recommend recipes that I found to cook and sites I have found in my travels that have great products and recipes.

I hope you enjoy what I write and will follow me on this strange journey.  Maybe it will even help you if you have also decided to live gluten free.

Some of you might be wondering about the title of this blog.  I chose the title that I did for this blog as those three little words have become my most hated words to hear together when we go out to eat.  It really isn't all that hard to create a gluten free menu that shows what you already have that is GF or to even have a couple of items that are GF, but instead many servers will tell me when I ask for a GF menu, "We have Salad".

Gods I hate those words!  You will see how I have dealt with it in the blog as well and I will tell you what restaurants I choose to eat at as they have made strides to be more aware of those that have to eat gluten free.

First big post coming tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment